Last update: January 28, 2021
Scope of Policy
- Customers – individuals who register, on their own or on behalf of an entity, to use BCT Publishing Services with the creation or administration of a BCT Publishing account.
Information We Collect
BCT Publishing asks for your account information which includes your name, email address, physical address, phone number, credit card information, and website domain. By voluntarily providing BCT Publishing with your account information, you represent that you own and consent to our use of such personal data.
At your option, BCT Publishing asks and may collect your name, email address, physical address, and phone number. In addition, we also collect information such as web server logs, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, or other statistical information as part of aggregated data. We use Google Analytics to help us gather statistical information about the visitors to our Website and how they use the Website on an anonymous, aggregate basis. However, we will not associate this data with your personally identifiable data unless required to do so to cooperate with law enforcement activity or other governmental request or to comply with law. We may use this information to gain a better understanding of the users of our Website, to improve our Website, and to improve our Services. Depending on the type of browser and device that you use, you may have the ability to control the type of information that Google Analytics use. To understand how Google Analytics collects and processes data, please review Google’s Policy.
How We Use Your Information
BCT Publishing uses the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- To respond to any requests from you regarding sales and support.
- To contact you regarding any agreements or accepted terms that you may have with BCT Publishing for the Services.
- To provide you with marketing emails, special offers, advertising campaigns, or newsletters.
- To provide you with information logs associated with the use of BCT Publishing’s Services.
- To contact you regarding functionality changes to our Services or Website.
- To develop new features and functionality to our Services and Website.
- To collect payment and bill for our Services.
- To help personalize searches.
- To diagnose problems.
- To find and prevent fraud.
- To register your domain and IP address through ARIN (American Registry for Internet Numbers).
- To carry out other purposes as disclosed to you through the Website, or found in terms or an agreement between you and BCT Publishing.
- Process for other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How We Share Information
BCT Publishing shares the information it collects about you in the following ways:
- Advertising - Based on cookies and other tracking devices, we may work with advertising companies to display ads that may be of interest to you.
- Business Transactions - To provide information to a third party in the event of any disposition of all or any portion of our business (e.g. reorganization, sale, assignment, bankruptcy).
- Aggregated or De-identified Data - We may aggregated or otherwise de-identified your personal information. We own such aggregate or de-identified information and may use and share this information with third parties.
- As Required by Law or Similar Investigations - To comply with legal obligations (e.g. subpoena) or investigate potential legal violations. BCT Publishing may be required to share personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Safety - We may disclose your information to protect and defend the safety of BCT Publishing in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- Consent - BCT Publishing may share your information with your consent.
Cookies are not the only way to track visitors to a website. We may use similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”). These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our Websites. These technologies often depend on cookies to function properly, and so disabling cookies may impair their functioning.
How Can You Disable Cookies and Other Tracking Technology?
Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Some Internet browsers also may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals.
You may unsubscribe from receiving promotional or marketing emails from BCT Publishing at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in the email received. As outlined in the Section, Information We Collect, you can also control your cookie settings.
With respect to your account information, you may update, correct or delete information that you provided to us by logging into your BCT Publishing account or contacting us.
You are not required to provide all personal information identified in this Policy to use our Website or receive or Services, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide personal information. For example, if you do not provide personal information, we may not be able to respond to your request, perform a transaction with you, or provide you with marketing that we believe you would find valuable.
Data Retention and Security
When BCT Publishing no longer has a legitimate business need (e.g. termination of a Customer agreement) to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
BCT Publishing takes all reasonable steps to protect information received from you from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and/or destruction. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative safeguards to secure your information, and we use industry standard encryption for your data that is transferred over the internet. Despite its use of encryption, BCT Publishing cannot guarantee any method of transmission of information over the internet is 100% secure. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us.
Our Website and/or Services are not directed at children and our services are designed for businesses. We do not knowingly collect information from or about children under 13 years of age, and use of our services by children under 13 years of age is forbidden.
Third-Party Sites and Services
The Website may contain links to other websites and services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control third party websites, applications or services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding their collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read their privacy policies to learn more.